The incredible Central-South Italy
DAY 1: LEONARDO DA VINCI AIRPORT – ROME
Morning arrival at Leonardo Da Vinci Airport. Transfer to the hotel. Balance of the day is at leisure. After unpacking, you may want to sample your first, but not your last, Roman cappuccino “al fresco”. In the afternoon You will be picked up from hotel to enjoy your guided Classic Tour of Rome by de luxe coach. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2: ROME: VATICAN AND COLOSSEUM TOUR
Breakfast at hotel. Morning: The Vatican guided Tour starts from the Spanish Steps and ends in Saint Peter’s Square, within the territory of the Vatican State. Along the way, you will see the places of the Empire transformed over the centuries in papal properties, discovering the symnbols of Popes’ power. During this tour, you will have the opportunity to see what is considered to be the best of Rome: the Pantheon, originally a Roman temple dedicated to all the gods, then transformed into a Church which houses the tomb of Italian Sovereigns and of Raphael, the great painter of the Renaissance. You will visit Piazza Navona, with the famous and wonderful fountain of Bernini, the pride of Roman Baroque. The tour ends in Saint Peter’s Square which is located in the state of the Vatican. At the end you will stay in the center of Rome where lunch in a restaurant is provided. Afternoon: The Colosseum Tour starts from the Spanish Steps and ends in front of the Colosseum. Along the way, you will see the most beautiful monuments of ancient Rome surrounded by a modern context. In this way, you will discover and follow with your eyes Rome’s transformation over the centuries. During this tour, you will see an ancient Aqueduct and a series of streets and squares with monuments and palaces built at different ages. You will also visit a Renaissance church and the world wide famous Trevi Fountain until you reach the most ancient part of Rome: the Roman Forum, Imperial Forum and the symbol of the greatness of Empire: the Colosseum. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3: ROME, NAPLES, POMPEII AND SORRENTO
Breakfast. Departing Rome, you will drive along the 'Sun Route' motorway and cross the regions of Lazio and Campania. Once in Naples, enjoy a short city tour before continuing towards Pompeii where lunch in a restaurant is provided. The UNESCO World Heritage listed site, Pompeii is one of the must see attractions of Italy. You will visit the excavations of this world-famous Roman town, destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Next you will travel along the Sorrentine Coast enroute to Sorrento for dinner and overnight.
DAY 4: C A P R I
After breakfast and weather permitting, arrive in Capri for a visit of the Blue Grotto via row boats. In the event of adverse weather conditions, the Blue Grotto trip will be replaced by a visit to the Faraglioni. On the way back from Marina Grande harbor make your free way to Anacapri, a tiny and picturesque Mediterranean-style village with beautiful Gulf of Naples views. After lunch, served in a restaurant in Capri, wander down quaint little streets and explore the famed Piazzetta. Later, embark on the coach back to Sorrento for dinner and overnight.
DAY 5: CASTEL DEL MONTE - ALBEROBELLO
Breakfast .Departing Sorrento, you will drive along the A16 motorway and cross the regions of Campania and Apulia. Arrival in Castel del Monte, meeting with the guide and visit of the famous castle that was built by Frederic II approximately during the 1240, Castel del Monte probably was a hunting lodge, besides being a state residence. From 1996 this is considered part of the Unesco heritage, this is the most visited Castle of Puglia because of its architectonical and artistic characteristics. Lunch in a restaurant. Afternoon visit of Alberobello. The key feature of the town consists of the "trulli", the typical shape of the buildings of local stone. Each “trullo” consists of a square central compartment, communicating through arcades with the kitchen and other rooms. Your visit to Alberobello can start with the 'trulli' in a central area of the town between the “Aia Piccola” District and "Piazza del Popolo" - the fully restored group of trulli here can be visited by tourists, the oldest of which date back to the 18th century. The tallest and biggest trulli is the so-called 'Sovereign Trullo', the construction of which dates from the mid 18th century. It is a two storey building, located in a small square behind the Cathedral Church and, during the summer, plays host to cultural events and entertainments. Lodging in a hotel. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 6: CASERTA - ROME
Breakfast. Departing Alberobello, you will drive along the A16 motorway and cross the regions of Apulia and Campania. Arrival in Caserta. Lunch in a restaurant. Afternoon visit of The Royal Palace of Caserta and its Gardens.
Lodging in a hotel in Rome. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 7: ROME – LEONARDO DA VINCI AIRPORT
Breakfast. Morning transfer from the hotel to Leonardo da Vinci Airport in Rome.
Fare per person EUR 850,00 (group of 25 or more)
Single Room Supplement: EUR 200 for the whole package
Tour Price Includes :
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis for the duration of the tour in the itinerary.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Coach transfers from First day meeting point of the group to the last day of the dropping point of the group of the tour.
- All entrance fees of the sightseeing places mentioned in the itinerary.
- Services of the Tour Manager from the first day of meeting point to the last day dropping point of the tour.
- Guide Tips, Driver tips & Restaurant Tips.
Tour Price Excludes :
- Cost of Airfare to and from the meeting and dropping place of the tour
- Cost of any individual Airport transfer
- Cost of extension of the validity or deviation from the route of the tour in case of Airport to Airport tours.
- Porterage(Coolie charges), laundry, wines & alcoholic beverages, mineral water (unless specified), telephone charges, shopping, all items of personal nature and also food and drinks not forming the part of the group menus.
- Cost of Insurance
- Extra stay pre/post tour.
- Any extra expenses incurred for changing the route due to any unforeseen circumstances, forced majuire instances, natural calamities, political disturbances, strikes etc.
- Extra cost incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization or any Individual unforeseen cost incurring incidence.
- Any private transfers taken to move from one place to another instead of coach
- Additional extra topping if taken
- Any add-on sightseeing/activities along with transfers if done other than mentioned in the tour program.
- Any upgradation in the room category or air line class
- Extra water bottle charges
- Medicines required if any
- Anything not specifically mentioned in 'Your Tour Price Includes Column'.